Police arrest 2 Hizb workers in Kupwara
Srinagar: Police arrested two over ground workers of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit from Handwara area of north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Sunday.
"Acting on specific information, police apprehended two overground workers of Hizbul Mujahideen militant outfit from Laribal area of Handwara," a police spokesman said.
He identified the arrested duo as Masood Ahmad Geelani and Zahoor Ahmad Dar.
Police recovered Rs 45,000 from their possession. The money was supposed to be delivered to militants in Bandipora and Srinagar areas, the spokesman said, adding a case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof