Police arrest two drug peddlers in J&K
Srinagar: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested alongwith a consignment of banned codeine phosphate in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, a police spokesman said Saturday.
Arshad Hussain Najar alias "Ashiq" and Mohammad Aslam Mukhdoomi were arrested by a police party after a chase near the main bus stand in Tral township, 35 kms from here, yesterday, the spokesman said.
Police noticed the duo moving under suspicious movement with a bag and asked them to stop, he said, adding that the suspects tried to escape but were chased and arrested by the police party.
A huge number of Codeine Phosphate bottles were recovered from their bag, the spokesperson said.
Najar and Makhdoomi, both hailing from Tral area, revealed during questioning that they were involved in supply of drugs to addicts.
A case was registered and further investigations are on, the spokesman said, adding that more recoveries and arrests are expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves