Police arrest two drug peddlers in J&K
Srinagar: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested alongwith a consignment of banned codeine phosphate in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, a police spokesman said Saturday.
Arshad Hussain Najar alias "Ashiq" and Mohammad Aslam Mukhdoomi were arrested by a police party after a chase near the main bus stand in Tral township, 35 kms from here, yesterday, the spokesman said.
Police noticed the duo moving under suspicious movement with a bag and asked them to stop, he said, adding that the suspects tried to escape but were chased and arrested by the police party.
A huge number of Codeine Phosphate bottles were recovered from their bag, the spokesperson said.
Najar and Makhdoomi, both hailing from Tral area, revealed during questioning that they were involved in supply of drugs to addicts.
A case was registered and further investigations are on, the spokesman said, adding that more recoveries and arrests are expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city