Police arrest two drug peddlers in J&K
Srinagar: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested alongwith a consignment of banned codeine phosphate in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, a police spokesman said Saturday.
Arshad Hussain Najar alias "Ashiq" and Mohammad Aslam Mukhdoomi were arrested by a police party after a chase near the main bus stand in Tral township, 35 kms from here, yesterday, the spokesman said.
Police noticed the duo moving under suspicious movement with a bag and asked them to stop, he said, adding that the suspects tried to escape but were chased and arrested by the police party.
A huge number of Codeine Phosphate bottles were recovered from their bag, the spokesperson said.
Najar and Makhdoomi, both hailing from Tral area, revealed during questioning that they were involved in supply of drugs to addicts.
A case was registered and further investigations are on, the spokesman said, adding that more recoveries and arrests are expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?