Police arrest two drug peddlers in J&K
Srinagar: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested alongwith a consignment of banned codeine phosphate in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, a police spokesman said Saturday.
Arshad Hussain Najar alias "Ashiq" and Mohammad Aslam Mukhdoomi were arrested by a police party after a chase near the main bus stand in Tral township, 35 kms from here, yesterday, the spokesman said.
Police noticed the duo moving under suspicious movement with a bag and asked them to stop, he said, adding that the suspects tried to escape but were chased and arrested by the police party.
A huge number of Codeine Phosphate bottles were recovered from their bag, the spokesperson said.
Najar and Makhdoomi, both hailing from Tral area, revealed during questioning that they were involved in supply of drugs to addicts.
A case was registered and further investigations are on, the spokesman said, adding that more recoveries and arrests are expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested