Police baton charge protesting PHE employees in Srinagar
Srinagar: Police resorted to a baton charge on Public Health Engineering (PHE) employees who were protesting against the state government over wage-related issues here on Tuesday.
The protesters were heading towards Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s residence when they were stopped by the police. Clashes followed between the police and the protesters.
Police had to resort to a baton charge to disperse the protesters.
The PHE Employees Association has been demanding regularization and release of wages on monthly basis.
According to PHE employees, the government had promised that all daily wagers and casual labourers at PHE will be regularized on a monthly wage basis.
On August 7, the police had foiled a march by protesting PHE employees towards the chief minister`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you