Police constables killed by militants cremated
Kathua: Police constables Santosh Kumar and Azad Chand, killed by militants in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, were cremated on Sunday with full police honour at their respective native places.
Santosh and Azad of the Indian Reserve Police were shot dead by militants in Handwara town, some 75-km from Srinagar, yesterday.
Santosh, a resident of village Katiyal in Kathua, was cremated in the presence of thousands of people, including policemen and political leaders.
A pall of gloom decended on Ghangwalt area in Udhampur as Azad`s body was consigned to flames with full police honour.
PDP patriarch Mufti Mohammed Sayeed condemned the killing of policemen saying "gun is no answer to our problems".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened