Police constables killed by militants cremated
Kathua: Police constables Santosh Kumar and Azad Chand, killed by militants in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, were cremated on Sunday with full police honour at their respective native places.
Santosh and Azad of the Indian Reserve Police were shot dead by militants in Handwara town, some 75-km from Srinagar, yesterday.
Santosh, a resident of village Katiyal in Kathua, was cremated in the presence of thousands of people, including policemen and political leaders.
A pall of gloom decended on Ghangwalt area in Udhampur as Azad`s body was consigned to flames with full police honour.
PDP patriarch Mufti Mohammed Sayeed condemned the killing of policemen saying "gun is no answer to our problems".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends