Police constables killed by militants cremated
Kathua: Police constables Santosh Kumar and Azad Chand, killed by militants in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, were cremated on Sunday with full police honour at their respective native places.
Santosh and Azad of the Indian Reserve Police were shot dead by militants in Handwara town, some 75-km from Srinagar, yesterday.
Santosh, a resident of village Katiyal in Kathua, was cremated in the presence of thousands of people, including policemen and political leaders.
A pall of gloom decended on Ghangwalt area in Udhampur as Azad`s body was consigned to flames with full police honour.
PDP patriarch Mufti Mohammed Sayeed condemned the killing of policemen saying "gun is no answer to our problems".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'