Police constables killed by militants cremated
Kathua: Police constables Santosh Kumar and Azad Chand, killed by militants in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, were cremated on Sunday with full police honour at their respective native places.
Santosh and Azad of the Indian Reserve Police were shot dead by militants in Handwara town, some 75-km from Srinagar, yesterday.
Santosh, a resident of village Katiyal in Kathua, was cremated in the presence of thousands of people, including policemen and political leaders.
A pall of gloom decended on Ghangwalt area in Udhampur as Azad`s body was consigned to flames with full police honour.
PDP patriarch Mufti Mohammed Sayeed condemned the killing of policemen saying "gun is no answer to our problems".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown