Police constables killed by militants cremated
Kathua: Police constables Santosh Kumar and Azad Chand, killed by militants in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, were cremated on Sunday with full police honour at their respective native places.
Santosh and Azad of the Indian Reserve Police were shot dead by militants in Handwara town, some 75-km from Srinagar, yesterday.
Santosh, a resident of village Katiyal in Kathua, was cremated in the presence of thousands of people, including policemen and political leaders.
A pall of gloom decended on Ghangwalt area in Udhampur as Azad`s body was consigned to flames with full police honour.
PDP patriarch Mufti Mohammed Sayeed condemned the killing of policemen saying "gun is no answer to our problems".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India