Police foils Hizb militants plan to kill 5 Gujjars in J&K
Jammu: With the arrest of two overground
workers, Jammu and Kashmir police today claimed to have foiled a plan of Hizbul Mujahideen militants to kill five Gujjars in
Reasi district following the killing of a top self-styled commander of the outfit.
Acting on intelligence inputs that a group of militants
with the help of their sympathisers are planning to kill five
Gujjars in Mahore area of Reasi, police and troops of 54
Rashtriya Rifles (RR) raided a hideout and arrested two
overground workers last evening, police officials said.
The arrested were identified as Mohammad Ashraf, a
government teacher, and Shabir Ahmed, they said.
Police claimed Shabir wanted to kill Gujjars as his uncle
and top Hizb `Commander` Mushtaq Ahmed alias Irfan along with
two other militants were eliminated in an encounter in Mahore
last month, based on information provided by some members of
Shabir had gone to Kulgam district along with Ashraf,
contacted Hizb `Commander` Basharat Ahmed and made a plan to
kill five Gujjars with the help of HM cadre, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened