Police follower killed in J&K accidental firing
Srinagar: A police follower died in "accidental" firing inside a police camp in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Friday.
Abdul Majeed Khan died due to bullet injuries under his chin at the Handwara camp of special operation group (SOG) of police at 7.30 am, police sources said.
Khan, who was working as a follower in the police, sustained the injuries in "accidental" firing, the sources said.
It was not immediately clear whether Khan was killed due to mis-firing from his own weapon or from the weapons of any of his colleagues.
Police has started an inquiry into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference