Police follower killed in J&K accidental firing
Srinagar: A police follower died in "accidental" firing inside a police camp in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Friday.
Abdul Majeed Khan died due to bullet injuries under his chin at the Handwara camp of special operation group (SOG) of police at 7.30 am, police sources said.
Khan, who was working as a follower in the police, sustained the injuries in "accidental" firing, the sources said.
It was not immediately clear whether Khan was killed due to mis-firing from his own weapon or from the weapons of any of his colleagues.
Police has started an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why