Police follower killed in J&K accidental firing
Srinagar: A police follower died in "accidental" firing inside a police camp in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Friday.
Abdul Majeed Khan died due to bullet injuries under his chin at the Handwara camp of special operation group (SOG) of police at 7.30 am, police sources said.
Khan, who was working as a follower in the police, sustained the injuries in "accidental" firing, the sources said.
It was not immediately clear whether Khan was killed due to mis-firing from his own weapon or from the weapons of any of his colleagues.
Police has started an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi