Police follower killed in J&K accidental firing
Srinagar: A police follower died in "accidental" firing inside a police camp in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Friday.
Abdul Majeed Khan died due to bullet injuries under his chin at the Handwara camp of special operation group (SOG) of police at 7.30 am, police sources said.
Khan, who was working as a follower in the police, sustained the injuries in "accidental" firing, the sources said.
It was not immediately clear whether Khan was killed due to mis-firing from his own weapon or from the weapons of any of his colleagues.
Police has started an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone