Police follower killed in J&K accidental firing
Srinagar: A police follower died in "accidental" firing inside a police camp in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Friday.
Abdul Majeed Khan died due to bullet injuries under his chin at the Handwara camp of special operation group (SOG) of police at 7.30 am, police sources said.
Khan, who was working as a follower in the police, sustained the injuries in "accidental" firing, the sources said.
It was not immediately clear whether Khan was killed due to mis-firing from his own weapon or from the weapons of any of his colleagues.
Police has started an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?