Police officer suspended in Kashmir
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police Friday suspended a station house officer (SHO) in Anantnag district for giving false information to the media about an alleged molestation in his area.
Rafiq Ahmad, SHO of Door police station, was suspended for giving false information to a local newspaper about the alleged molestation, a senior police officer told IANS here.
Following reports that stalkers Thursday allegedly chopped off the ear lobe of a class 10 schoolgirl in the district, the SHO told the paper that the girl had cut her ear lobe after falling off from a bus.
"We have placed the SHO under suspension. A case of molestation has been registered and investigations are on," the police officer said.
Meanwhile, the girl was admitted to the Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) here for treatment.
Reports said the attack took place when the girl was returning home after a school excursion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family