Police officer suspended in Kashmir
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police Friday suspended a station house officer (SHO) in Anantnag district for giving false information to the media about an alleged molestation in his area.
Rafiq Ahmad, SHO of Door police station, was suspended for giving false information to a local newspaper about the alleged molestation, a senior police officer told IANS here.
Following reports that stalkers Thursday allegedly chopped off the ear lobe of a class 10 schoolgirl in the district, the SHO told the paper that the girl had cut her ear lobe after falling off from a bus.
"We have placed the SHO under suspension. A case of molestation has been registered and investigations are on," the police officer said.
Meanwhile, the girl was admitted to the Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) here for treatment.
Reports said the attack took place when the girl was returning home after a school excursion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...