Police officer suspended in Kashmir
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police Friday suspended a station house officer (SHO) in Anantnag district for giving false information to the media about an alleged molestation in his area.
Rafiq Ahmad, SHO of Door police station, was suspended for giving false information to a local newspaper about the alleged molestation, a senior police officer told IANS here.
Following reports that stalkers Thursday allegedly chopped off the ear lobe of a class 10 schoolgirl in the district, the SHO told the paper that the girl had cut her ear lobe after falling off from a bus.
"We have placed the SHO under suspension. A case of molestation has been registered and investigations are on," the police officer said.
Meanwhile, the girl was admitted to the Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) here for treatment.
Reports said the attack took place when the girl was returning home after a school excursion.
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic