Police-public meeting held at Pulwama district
Srinagar: In its effort to restore peace and
harmony, Jammu and Kashmir Police Wednesday reached out to the people in the highway town of Awantipora in Pulwama district and assured all possible help and assistance.
A police-public meeting was held at Kachkoot in
Awantipora, 32 kms from here, under the chaimanship of SP M S
Punoo, a police spokesman said.
Police district Awantipora witnessed large scale violence
and frequent blockade of the highway since the start of the
ongoing agitation on June 11 when a teenager was allegedly
killed by police in interior city. The unrest has so far
claimed 104 lives.
A large number of people participated in the meet, which
was also attended by various police officers. The participants
expressed their views vis-a-vis maintenance of peace in the
area, he said.
Assuring all possible help and assistance to the people,
Punoo sought co-operation from the public so as to prevent and
detect any crime incidence.
"Some of the genuine grievances of the public were
addressed on spot by police officers present there," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception