Police-public meeting held at Pulwama district
Srinagar: In its effort to restore peace and
harmony, Jammu and Kashmir Police Wednesday reached out to the people in the highway town of Awantipora in Pulwama district and assured all possible help and assistance.
A police-public meeting was held at Kachkoot in
Awantipora, 32 kms from here, under the chaimanship of SP M S
Punoo, a police spokesman said.
Police district Awantipora witnessed large scale violence
and frequent blockade of the highway since the start of the
ongoing agitation on June 11 when a teenager was allegedly
killed by police in interior city. The unrest has so far
claimed 104 lives.
A large number of people participated in the meet, which
was also attended by various police officers. The participants
expressed their views vis-a-vis maintenance of peace in the
area, he said.
Assuring all possible help and assistance to the people,
Punoo sought co-operation from the public so as to prevent and
detect any crime incidence.
"Some of the genuine grievances of the public were
addressed on spot by police officers present there," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr