Police-public meeting held at Pulwama district
Srinagar: In its effort to restore peace and
harmony, Jammu and Kashmir Police Wednesday reached out to the people in the highway town of Awantipora in Pulwama district and assured all possible help and assistance.
A police-public meeting was held at Kachkoot in
Awantipora, 32 kms from here, under the chaimanship of SP M S
Punoo, a police spokesman said.
Police district Awantipora witnessed large scale violence
and frequent blockade of the highway since the start of the
ongoing agitation on June 11 when a teenager was allegedly
killed by police in interior city. The unrest has so far
claimed 104 lives.
A large number of people participated in the meet, which
was also attended by various police officers. The participants
expressed their views vis-a-vis maintenance of peace in the
area, he said.
Assuring all possible help and assistance to the people,
Punoo sought co-operation from the public so as to prevent and
detect any crime incidence.
"Some of the genuine grievances of the public were
addressed on spot by police officers present there," the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!