Police register robbery case against Army personnel
Srinagar: A robbery case has been filed against a group of unidentified army personnel in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police sources said on Thursday.
The case was registered yesterday after several people alleged that the Army personnel thrashed them and snatched away their money, the sources said.
The FIR has been registered under Sections 392 (robbery), 341 (wrongful restraint) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Ranbir Penal Code.
At least 10 persons, including two employees of the Department of Animal Husbandry, were injured in the incident, the sources said.
The Army, however, has denied involvement of any of its personnel in the incident.
"Our troops were not involved in the incident...We are investigating who the culprits are," an Army official said.
Srinagar-based defence PRO Lt Colonel JS Brar said he was not aware of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand