Police register robbery case against Army personnel
Srinagar: A robbery case has been filed against a group of unidentified army personnel in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police sources said on Thursday.
The case was registered yesterday after several people alleged that the Army personnel thrashed them and snatched away their money, the sources said.
The FIR has been registered under Sections 392 (robbery), 341 (wrongful restraint) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Ranbir Penal Code.
At least 10 persons, including two employees of the Department of Animal Husbandry, were injured in the incident, the sources said.
The Army, however, has denied involvement of any of its personnel in the incident.
"Our troops were not involved in the incident...We are investigating who the culprits are," an Army official said.
Srinagar-based defence PRO Lt Colonel JS Brar said he was not aware of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice