Police register robbery case against Army personnel
Srinagar: A robbery case has been filed against a group of unidentified army personnel in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police sources said on Thursday.
The case was registered yesterday after several people alleged that the Army personnel thrashed them and snatched away their money, the sources said.
The FIR has been registered under Sections 392 (robbery), 341 (wrongful restraint) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Ranbir Penal Code.
At least 10 persons, including two employees of the Department of Animal Husbandry, were injured in the incident, the sources said.
The Army, however, has denied involvement of any of its personnel in the incident.
"Our troops were not involved in the incident...We are investigating who the culprits are," an Army official said.
Srinagar-based defence PRO Lt Colonel JS Brar said he was not aware of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption