Police register robbery case against Army personnel
Srinagar: A robbery case has been filed against a group of unidentified army personnel in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police sources said on Thursday.
The case was registered yesterday after several people alleged that the Army personnel thrashed them and snatched away their money, the sources said.
The FIR has been registered under Sections 392 (robbery), 341 (wrongful restraint) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Ranbir Penal Code.
At least 10 persons, including two employees of the Department of Animal Husbandry, were injured in the incident, the sources said.
The Army, however, has denied involvement of any of its personnel in the incident.
"Our troops were not involved in the incident...We are investigating who the culprits are," an Army official said.
Srinagar-based defence PRO Lt Colonel JS Brar said he was not aware of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September