Police remand for BSF man accused of teen`s killing
Srinagar: A BSF constable arrested in
connection with the killing of a 16-year-old boy in the valley
which had sparked widespread protests last week, was on Thursday
remanded in eight-day police custody.
Constable Lakhvinder Kumar was arrested yesterday after
it was found that he was "prima facie" involved in the death
of Zahid Farooq Shah on February 5. He was handed over to the
The para-military man of 68th battalion accused of firing
at the teenager, was produced before the chief judicial
Magistrate, Srinagar who sent him to eight-days police
remand, Senior Superintendent of Police (Srinagar) Javid Riyaz
The boy was shot dead at Brain-Nishat, sparking massive
protests across the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?