Police remand for BSF man accused of teen`s killing
Srinagar: A BSF constable arrested in
connection with the killing of a 16-year-old boy in the valley
which had sparked widespread protests last week, was on Thursday
remanded in eight-day police custody.
Constable Lakhvinder Kumar was arrested yesterday after
it was found that he was "prima facie" involved in the death
of Zahid Farooq Shah on February 5. He was handed over to the
The para-military man of 68th battalion accused of firing
at the teenager, was produced before the chief judicial
Magistrate, Srinagar who sent him to eight-days police
remand, Senior Superintendent of Police (Srinagar) Javid Riyaz
The boy was shot dead at Brain-Nishat, sparking massive
protests across the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it