Police remand for BSF man accused of teen`s killing
Srinagar: A BSF constable arrested in
connection with the killing of a 16-year-old boy in the valley
which had sparked widespread protests last week, was on Thursday
remanded in eight-day police custody.
Constable Lakhvinder Kumar was arrested yesterday after
it was found that he was "prima facie" involved in the death
of Zahid Farooq Shah on February 5. He was handed over to the
The para-military man of 68th battalion accused of firing
at the teenager, was produced before the chief judicial
Magistrate, Srinagar who sent him to eight-days police
remand, Senior Superintendent of Police (Srinagar) Javid Riyaz
The boy was shot dead at Brain-Nishat, sparking massive
protests across the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi