Policeman among two shot dead by militants in J&K
Srinagar: Suspected militants on Friday shot dead two persons, including a police officer, in separate incidents in Pulwama district of south Kashmir.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Farooq Ahmad was shot from point-blank range by unidentified pistol-borne militants in Pulwama town, 32 kms from here, this afternoon, police said.
The officer was taken to Pulwama district hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Ahmad, who was posted in Pulwama Police Station, was on law and order duty at the time of the attack, they said, adding that he was not carrying his service weapon with him.
This is the second militant attack on policemen in the Valley within a fortnight.
In the second incident, militants shot at and critically injured Mudassir Ahmed Mir inside his house in Pulwama town at around 9.30 PM, they said.
The militants had barged into Mir`s house and opened indiscriminate firing on him from close range.
Mir, a farmer, was taken to the district hospital where he died of his injuries.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing