Policeman among two shot dead by militants in J&K
Srinagar: Suspected militants on Friday shot dead two persons, including a police officer, in separate incidents in Pulwama district of south Kashmir.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Farooq Ahmad was shot from point-blank range by unidentified pistol-borne militants in Pulwama town, 32 kms from here, this afternoon, police said.
The officer was taken to Pulwama district hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Ahmad, who was posted in Pulwama Police Station, was on law and order duty at the time of the attack, they said, adding that he was not carrying his service weapon with him.
This is the second militant attack on policemen in the Valley within a fortnight.
In the second incident, militants shot at and critically injured Mudassir Ahmed Mir inside his house in Pulwama town at around 9.30 PM, they said.
The militants had barged into Mir`s house and opened indiscriminate firing on him from close range.
Mir, a farmer, was taken to the district hospital where he died of his injuries.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read