Policeman injured by kite thread in J&K

 A Jammu and Kashmir policeman was seriously injured after his throat was accidentally slit by a kite thread here today.

Jammu: A Jammu and Kashmir policeman was seriously injured after his throat was accidentally slit by a kite thread here today.

Head Constable Vikram Singh, who was posted at Bikram Chowk in Jammu city, was injured after the Chinese kite string got entangled in his neck this morning, a police officer said.

The injured cop was rushed to the Government Medical College (GMC) hospital, where his condition is stated to be critical, police said.

The authorities in Jammu have imposed a ban on the Chinese strings. However, some shopkeepers continue to sell it. 

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close