Policeman, militant killed in gunbattle in J-K
Srinagar: A policeman and a militant were
killed on Friday in an encounter in a forest area in Ganderbal
district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
The gunbattle broke out yesterday at Chak-Akhal, 45 kms
from here, when security forces launched a search operation
to track down hiding militants.
A policeman and an ultra were killed in the encounter
today, they said, adding the identity and group affiliation of
the slain militant could not be ascertained immediately as the
operation was still on.
Another policeman was injured in initial firefight last
evening and was undergoing treatment at Army`s base hospital
here, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why