Policemen`s killings an act of cowardice: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday condemned the killing of two policemen by militants here, terming it as an act of cowardice.
In a codolence message to the bereaved families, he described the killings as barbaric and an act of cowardice.
He prayed for peace for the departed souls.
In a message to the police department, Omar lauded the force for its extra-ordinary dedication towards duty and said the men in uniform had always rendered valuable service and sacrificed their lives for safety and protection of the people.
Militants struck in the heart of the city shooting two policemen dead from point blank range in an apparent bid to vitiate the atmosphere ahead of the Prime Minister`s visit to the state.
Using silencer-fitted pistols, the ultras carried out the attack at busy Hari Singh High Street near Jehangir Chowk in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands