Political stability in Pakistan must for peace in J&K: Mufti
Jammu: Insisting that political stability in Pakistan was must for establishing peace in the sub-continent, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday hoped that a stable democratic government will be formed in the neighbouring country after the upcoming elections in there.
"I hope that a stable democratic government will be formed after general elections in the neighbouring country," said PDP patron and former chief minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, while addressing a gathering at Gool area of Ramban district today.
"Political stability in Pakistan is must for lasting peace in the sub-continent in general and Jammu and Kashmir in particular," he said.
Reiterating that dialogue was the only way to solve the vexed Kashmir issue, Mufti said India and Pakistan should take the process of peace and reconciliation to its logical end.
"Dialogue is the only way to solve all vexed problems. India and Pakistan should take the process of peace and reconciliation to its logical end for restoring lasting and sustainable peace in this region. I hope the new government in Pakistan will initiate some bold steps to further improve relations with India," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi