Political stability in Pakistan must for peace in J&K: Mufti
Jammu: Insisting that political stability in Pakistan was must for establishing peace in the sub-continent, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday hoped that a stable democratic government will be formed in the neighbouring country after the upcoming elections in there.
"I hope that a stable democratic government will be formed after general elections in the neighbouring country," said PDP patron and former chief minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, while addressing a gathering at Gool area of Ramban district today.
"Political stability in Pakistan is must for lasting peace in the sub-continent in general and Jammu and Kashmir in particular," he said.
Reiterating that dialogue was the only way to solve the vexed Kashmir issue, Mufti said India and Pakistan should take the process of peace and reconciliation to its logical end.
"Dialogue is the only way to solve all vexed problems. India and Pakistan should take the process of peace and reconciliation to its logical end for restoring lasting and sustainable peace in this region. I hope the new government in Pakistan will initiate some bold steps to further improve relations with India," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!