Politicians not a threat to media: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said politicians aren`t as much of a threat to the "independent media" as "spare cash" being used to "mop up" electronic and print media groups.
Omar made this observation against the backdrop of the raging controversy over Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s attack on sections of the electronic media.
He also raised a question as to whether there could be a media freed from "deep pockets and other vested interests".
"I like how we are being asked if we want a media freed from politicians. How about a media freed from deep pockets and other vested interests?," Omar asked in a Twitter post.
Making it clear that politicians were not a threat to the fourth pillar of democracy, Omar said, "politicians aren`t as much of a threat to a `free and independent media` as spare cash being used to mop up electronic & print media groups is."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday