Politicians, separatists mingle at function
Srinagar: Forgetting mutual animosities,
leaders across political spectrum and separatists of different
hues Sunday attended a function here exchanging pleasantries.
The function to celebrate the upcoming Baisakhi festival
was organised by a Sikh body which said its sole purpose of
hosting the event was to foster brotherhood and pray for the
prosperity of Jammu and Kashmir residents.
Jammu and Kashmir Congress president Saifuddin Soz and
separatist leader Mohammad Yaseen Malik, who is JKLF chairman,
were among those who attended the function in a hotel.
J and K Democratic Freedom Party acting chairman Mohammad
Abdullah Tari and moderate Hurriyat leaders Saleem Geelani and
Zaffar Akbar Bhat also participated in the function organised
by the all-parties Sikh Coordination Committee.
Besides politicians and separatists, the participants
included lawyers, journalists and writers. They all wished
each other and exchanged pleasantries.
In his address, Coordinator of the Committee Jagmohan
Singh Raina said the function was held to celebrate the coming
It provided an occasion to the people from all walks
of life to come together and pray for the prosperity of the
people of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him