Poonch encounter: DNA test to ascertain identity
Jammu: With two families claiming that the
civilian killed in an encounter in Poonch on August 7 belonged
to them, Jammu and Kashmir police is carrying out DNA test to
ascertain the identity of the deceased.
"Two families had made claims (with regard to the
killed civilian in the encounter being their family member).
We are carrying out DNA test in this regard," Additional
Superintendent of Police (ASP) Surankote, Yougal Manhas said.
Manhas, who is heading the team investigating in "fake
encounter" in Surankote belt of Poonch district in which one
civilian was labelled as divisional commissioner of LeT Abu
Usman and killed in the encounter on August 7, said "we have
collected the blood samples of both the families. They are
being sent to Central Forensic Lab Chandigarh for conduct of
Mohammad Isaq a resident of Saj village in Thanamandi
belt of Rajouri district had claimed that the slain civilian
was his son Mohammad Aslam and had presented a photograph to
Similarly, Mohammad Din of Jaganu village in Udhampur
district had also made claim with the district authorities in
Poonch that slain civilian was his son.
"DNA test is being carried out to ascertain veracity of
claims of two families", ASP said.
Police and Army had claimed that they have killed LeT
Divisional Commander Abu Usman in Marhote area of Surankote
tehsil in Poonch district on August 7.
However, later it turn out to be a fake encounter
after police made an arrest of Special Police Officer (SPO)
Noor Hussain and a jawan of Territorial Army (TA) Abdul Majeed
as local people refused to bury the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack