Poonch encounter: No other person involved
Poonch (J&K): Ruling out the involvement of
any other police or Army personnel in the recent fake
encounter in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, the
arrested SPO and Territorial Army jawan on Saturday said they had
engineered the gruesome incident for monetary and other gains.
"We had engineered this encounter, in which one civilian
was killed, for post, rewards and money," arrested Special
Police Officer (SPO) of the Special Operations Group (SOG) of
J and K Police Noor Hussain told a press conference in
Surankote area here.
The other accused and TA jawan Abdul Majeed said, "There
was no other involvement of any officer or official of Army
and police in the encounter".
Police led by Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP),
Poonch Ashkoor Ahmed Wani produced the accused SPO and jawan
before media persons in Surankote today.
Majeed said SPOs are awarded if they kill a militant in
an encounter by being regularised as constables in the police
force and TA jawans are given money by the Army for the same.
"To get these benefits, we engineered this encounter,"
The duo said they misled the police and Army while
carrying out the encounter.
They had claimed on August 8 to have killed LeT commander
Abu Usman in an encounter in Dobawali Doka forests in
However, it was later found that the duo had killed a
mentally challenged civilian under a conspiracy to get
Talking to reporters, the SSP said two families have
claimed the body of the slain civilian.
"We have taken the blood samples of the members of two
families and these samples will be sent for DNA test to
Central Forensic Laboratory at Chandigarh on Monday," he said.
The SSP said further investigation is on and ruled out
involvement of any other security personnel in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day