Poonch girl handed to Army by Pak counterparts
Jammu: Pakistani Army on Thursday handed over a
girl, who inadvertently crossed over to PoK, to their Indian
counterparts at Chakan-Da-Bagh near LoC in Poonch district of
Jammu and Kashmir.
Parveen Akhtar inadvertently crossed over the LoC from
Gotarian border belt on July 19 after a family tiff, an Army
After a complaint from her family, Army had established a
hot-line contact with their Pakistani counterparts and
reported to them about the incident while seeking her return,
he said, adding, they responded by handing over girl at
The official said later she was questioned and then
handed over to her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'