Poonch girl handed to Army by Pak counterparts
Jammu: Pakistani Army on Thursday handed over a
girl, who inadvertently crossed over to PoK, to their Indian
counterparts at Chakan-Da-Bagh near LoC in Poonch district of
Jammu and Kashmir.
Parveen Akhtar inadvertently crossed over the LoC from
Gotarian border belt on July 19 after a family tiff, an Army
After a complaint from her family, Army had established a
hot-line contact with their Pakistani counterparts and
reported to them about the incident while seeking her return,
he said, adding, they responded by handing over girl at
The official said later she was questioned and then
handed over to her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- As BJP celebrates two years in power, ally Shiv Sena says Modi govt 'a failure on many fronts'
- Marijuana recovered from two smugglers in Jammu
- Security forces, militants engaged in gunfight in Kupwara
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: When Shoaib Akhtar bowled Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar off consecutive balls!
- West Bengal: Net worth of richest MLA Rs 40 crore, poorest has Rs 50,000