Poonch villagers ask Pak to stop ceasefire violations
Poonch: Indian villagers living in the border district of Poonch have slammed Pakistan, and asked it to immediately stop repeated violations of ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir.
Irate due to the firing from across the border that have heightened the difficulties and adversely impacted the livelihood of the residents, locals lashed out at Pakistan.
“We want peace to be reinstalled at the border. India has never violated ceasefire; the repeated firing in Mendhar sector and brutal killings of our soldiers including the beheading is an intolerable act. It is not acceptable in either Islam or humanity, this is completely wrong. People would be able to live peacefully if the border is peaceful,” said Abdul, a local.
Another local shepherd Gaffar appealed both India and Pakistan to resolve their issues so that peace could prevail in the restive Himalayan region.
"We have been witnessing firing from across the border since the past many days and explosives are being planted due which civilians, children and cattle alike are being distressed. Pakistan should be ashamed of what it is doing and this issue must be resolved at the earliest," he said.
To prove that an infiltration bid had been made by the Pakistan Army into Indian soil earlier this month, the Indian Army on Wednesday released photographs of landmines, reportedly planted by Pakistani troops.
In a statement, the army said that it had shared these photographs with Pakistan at the recently held Brigadier-level flag meeting at Chakan-Da Bagh in the Poonch Sector, where the two sides discussed the repeated ceasefire violations. Pakistan has denied all charges of initiating the aggression.
The photographs of the landmine devices have clear markings that show they were manufactured in Ordnance Factories in Pakistan. The mines were recovered in an area dominated by Indian troops.
Defence Ministry sources in New Delhi had commented that Pakistan had refused to accept the file with the photographs and returned it to the Indian officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know