Poshpora rape victims welcome re-investigation
Srinagar: The victims of 22-year-old Kunan Poshpora alleged mass rape on Saturday welcomed reinvestigation of the case ordered by a local court, saying the fight for justice would be taken to its logical end.
"We welcome the order of the Kupwara Judicial Magistrate directing police to reinvestigate the case for unravelling the identity of the perpetrators," a victim told reporters.
She said the victims had been fighting a long battle for justice and sought people`s support.
"We have been fighting this battle on our own. We want the people of Kashmir to support us," the victim, flanked by human rights activists, said.
She flayed mainstream and separatist parties accusing them of turning a blind eye towards their plight.
She said the perpetrators should be identified at the earliest and they should face a social boycott.
The victim alleged the villagers were facing threats to remain silent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured