Poshpora rape victims welcome re-investigation
Srinagar: The victims of 22-year-old Kunan Poshpora alleged mass rape on Saturday welcomed reinvestigation of the case ordered by a local court, saying the fight for justice would be taken to its logical end.
"We welcome the order of the Kupwara Judicial Magistrate directing police to reinvestigate the case for unravelling the identity of the perpetrators," a victim told reporters.
She said the victims had been fighting a long battle for justice and sought people`s support.
"We have been fighting this battle on our own. We want the people of Kashmir to support us," the victim, flanked by human rights activists, said.
She flayed mainstream and separatist parties accusing them of turning a blind eye towards their plight.
She said the perpetrators should be identified at the earliest and they should face a social boycott.
The victim alleged the villagers were facing threats to remain silent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’