Poshpora rape victims welcome re-investigation
Srinagar: The victims of 22-year-old Kunan Poshpora alleged mass rape on Saturday welcomed reinvestigation of the case ordered by a local court, saying the fight for justice would be taken to its logical end.
"We welcome the order of the Kupwara Judicial Magistrate directing police to reinvestigate the case for unravelling the identity of the perpetrators," a victim told reporters.
She said the victims had been fighting a long battle for justice and sought people`s support.
"We have been fighting this battle on our own. We want the people of Kashmir to support us," the victim, flanked by human rights activists, said.
She flayed mainstream and separatist parties accusing them of turning a blind eye towards their plight.
She said the perpetrators should be identified at the earliest and they should face a social boycott.
The victim alleged the villagers were facing threats to remain silent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir