Poshpora rape victims welcome re-investigation
Srinagar: The victims of 22-year-old Kunan Poshpora alleged mass rape on Saturday welcomed reinvestigation of the case ordered by a local court, saying the fight for justice would be taken to its logical end.
"We welcome the order of the Kupwara Judicial Magistrate directing police to reinvestigate the case for unravelling the identity of the perpetrators," a victim told reporters.
She said the victims had been fighting a long battle for justice and sought people`s support.
"We have been fighting this battle on our own. We want the people of Kashmir to support us," the victim, flanked by human rights activists, said.
She flayed mainstream and separatist parties accusing them of turning a blind eye towards their plight.
She said the perpetrators should be identified at the earliest and they should face a social boycott.
The victim alleged the villagers were facing threats to remain silent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr