Poshpora rape victims welcome re-investigation
Srinagar: The victims of 22-year-old Kunan Poshpora alleged mass rape on Saturday welcomed reinvestigation of the case ordered by a local court, saying the fight for justice would be taken to its logical end.
"We welcome the order of the Kupwara Judicial Magistrate directing police to reinvestigate the case for unravelling the identity of the perpetrators," a victim told reporters.
She said the victims had been fighting a long battle for justice and sought people`s support.
"We have been fighting this battle on our own. We want the people of Kashmir to support us," the victim, flanked by human rights activists, said.
She flayed mainstream and separatist parties accusing them of turning a blind eye towards their plight.
She said the perpetrators should be identified at the earliest and they should face a social boycott.
The victim alleged the villagers were facing threats to remain silent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?