Prabhat is new CRPF IG in Kashmir
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Nalin Prabhat has been appointed as CRPF Inspector General (IG) in Jammu and Kashmir.
The appointment of Prabhat, a 1992-batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, was made after incumbent S S Sandhu was recently demoted and transferred to the forces` headquarters as DIG following alleged discrepancies in his fitness and medical records.
Prabhat, who will head the CRPF operations in the Kashmir Valley, was till now heading CRPF anti-Naxal operations in Maharashtra`s Maoist hotbed Gadchiroli.
The officer has been twice decorated with the President`s police gallantry medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS