Prabhat is new CRPF IG in Kashmir
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Nalin Prabhat has been appointed as CRPF Inspector General (IG) in Jammu and Kashmir.
The appointment of Prabhat, a 1992-batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, was made after incumbent S S Sandhu was recently demoted and transferred to the forces` headquarters as DIG following alleged discrepancies in his fitness and medical records.
Prabhat, who will head the CRPF operations in the Kashmir Valley, was till now heading CRPF anti-Naxal operations in Maharashtra`s Maoist hotbed Gadchiroli.
The officer has been twice decorated with the President`s police gallantry medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally