Prabhat is new CRPF IG in Kashmir
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Nalin Prabhat has been appointed as CRPF Inspector General (IG) in Jammu and Kashmir.
The appointment of Prabhat, a 1992-batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, was made after incumbent S S Sandhu was recently demoted and transferred to the forces` headquarters as DIG following alleged discrepancies in his fitness and medical records.
Prabhat, who will head the CRPF operations in the Kashmir Valley, was till now heading CRPF anti-Naxal operations in Maharashtra`s Maoist hotbed Gadchiroli.
The officer has been twice decorated with the President`s police gallantry medal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata