Prabhat is new CRPF IG in Kashmir
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Nalin Prabhat has been appointed as CRPF Inspector General (IG) in Jammu and Kashmir.
The appointment of Prabhat, a 1992-batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, was made after incumbent S S Sandhu was recently demoted and transferred to the forces` headquarters as DIG following alleged discrepancies in his fitness and medical records.
Prabhat, who will head the CRPF operations in the Kashmir Valley, was till now heading CRPF anti-Naxal operations in Maharashtra`s Maoist hotbed Gadchiroli.
The officer has been twice decorated with the President`s police gallantry medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state