Pranab asks India Inc to help remove unemployment in J&K
New Delhi: Making a strong appeal on behalf
of Kashmiri youths, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today
asked Indian Corporates to encourage them to avail of job
opportunities in the private and public sectors and help fight
the problem of unemployment in the state.
"All over India, we should encourage them to take up
jobs in private sector and in the public sector in various
areas so that Kashmiri youths should be employed," he said.
Asking private sector undertakings to set-up their units
in the state, the Finance Minister said if they have fears
about the turmoil that can be taken care of by the insurance
"So far as public sector firms are concerned they are
entitled to establish the units, we are encouraging them, we
are encouraging the private sector if they have apprehension
because of the turmoil that could be taken care by the
insurance coverage," he said.
Mukherjee said government is offering loans at
concessional rates for setting up units in Jammu and Kashmir
under the special category.
On the employment issue, the Finance Minister said
"Union Home Ministry is working out a plan to provide job
opportunity to the unemployed youth particularly the educated
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- IPL 2016: Gujarat Lions vs Delhi Daredevils - Possible XI, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Fed up of repeated ads on odd-even featuring Arvind Kejriwal? Watch this viral video slamming Delhi CM
- Sensex slumps 232 points; Nifty cracks below 7,800-mark
- Govinda took Dawood Ibrahim's help to defeat me in 2004 Lok Sabha polls: Ram Naik
- Majority in UN backs adding permanent members to Security Council: India