Pranab asks India Inc to help remove unemployment in J&K
New Delhi: Making a strong appeal on behalf
of Kashmiri youths, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today
asked Indian Corporates to encourage them to avail of job
opportunities in the private and public sectors and help fight
the problem of unemployment in the state.
"All over India, we should encourage them to take up
jobs in private sector and in the public sector in various
areas so that Kashmiri youths should be employed," he said.
Asking private sector undertakings to set-up their units
in the state, the Finance Minister said if they have fears
about the turmoil that can be taken care of by the insurance
"So far as public sector firms are concerned they are
entitled to establish the units, we are encouraging them, we
are encouraging the private sector if they have apprehension
because of the turmoil that could be taken care by the
insurance coverage," he said.
Mukherjee said government is offering loans at
concessional rates for setting up units in Jammu and Kashmir
under the special category.
On the employment issue, the Finance Minister said
"Union Home Ministry is working out a plan to provide job
opportunity to the unemployed youth particularly the educated
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why