Pranab asks India Inc to help remove unemployment in J&K
New Delhi: Making a strong appeal on behalf
of Kashmiri youths, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today
asked Indian Corporates to encourage them to avail of job
opportunities in the private and public sectors and help fight
the problem of unemployment in the state.
"All over India, we should encourage them to take up
jobs in private sector and in the public sector in various
areas so that Kashmiri youths should be employed," he said.
Asking private sector undertakings to set-up their units
in the state, the Finance Minister said if they have fears
about the turmoil that can be taken care of by the insurance
"So far as public sector firms are concerned they are
entitled to establish the units, we are encouraging them, we
are encouraging the private sector if they have apprehension
because of the turmoil that could be taken care by the
insurance coverage," he said.
Mukherjee said government is offering loans at
concessional rates for setting up units in Jammu and Kashmir
under the special category.
On the employment issue, the Finance Minister said
"Union Home Ministry is working out a plan to provide job
opportunity to the unemployed youth particularly the educated
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice