Pranab asks India Inc to help remove unemployment in J&K
New Delhi: Making a strong appeal on behalf
of Kashmiri youths, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today
asked Indian Corporates to encourage them to avail of job
opportunities in the private and public sectors and help fight
the problem of unemployment in the state.
"All over India, we should encourage them to take up
jobs in private sector and in the public sector in various
areas so that Kashmiri youths should be employed," he said.
Asking private sector undertakings to set-up their units
in the state, the Finance Minister said if they have fears
about the turmoil that can be taken care of by the insurance
"So far as public sector firms are concerned they are
entitled to establish the units, we are encouraging them, we
are encouraging the private sector if they have apprehension
because of the turmoil that could be taken care by the
insurance coverage," he said.
Mukherjee said government is offering loans at
concessional rates for setting up units in Jammu and Kashmir
under the special category.
On the employment issue, the Finance Minister said
"Union Home Ministry is working out a plan to provide job
opportunity to the unemployed youth particularly the educated
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves