Pranab to visit Kashmir to scout for support
Jammu: United Progressive Alliance (UPA) presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will visit Jammu and Kashmir to seek support from regional political parties for the July 19 presidential election.
He is expected to meet leaders of the ruling National Conference and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during his visit to Srinagar July 15, sources here said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has already pledged his party`s support to the UPA candidate, while the PDP is yet to announce its decision.
The National Conference has 28 members in the legislative assembly and six members in parliament. The PDP has 21 legislators in the legislative assembly and zero presence in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IOB, Central Bank to benefit from capital infusion: Moody's
- Ansbach attack suggests Islamist motive: Bavarian official
- SAD moves privilege motion against Jairam, Renuka
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- RBI imposes Rs 5 cróre penalty on Bank of Baroda