Pranab to visit Kashmir to scout for support
Jammu: United Progressive Alliance (UPA) presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will visit Jammu and Kashmir to seek support from regional political parties for the July 19 presidential election.
He is expected to meet leaders of the ruling National Conference and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during his visit to Srinagar July 15, sources here said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has already pledged his party`s support to the UPA candidate, while the PDP is yet to announce its decision.
The National Conference has 28 members in the legislative assembly and six members in parliament. The PDP has 21 legislators in the legislative assembly and zero presence in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'