Pranab to visit Kashmir to scout for support
Jammu: United Progressive Alliance (UPA) presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will visit Jammu and Kashmir to seek support from regional political parties for the July 19 presidential election.
He is expected to meet leaders of the ruling National Conference and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during his visit to Srinagar July 15, sources here said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has already pledged his party`s support to the UPA candidate, while the PDP is yet to announce its decision.
The National Conference has 28 members in the legislative assembly and six members in parliament. The PDP has 21 legislators in the legislative assembly and zero presence in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie