Pranab to visit Kashmir to scout for support
Jammu: United Progressive Alliance (UPA) presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will visit Jammu and Kashmir to seek support from regional political parties for the July 19 presidential election.
He is expected to meet leaders of the ruling National Conference and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during his visit to Srinagar July 15, sources here said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has already pledged his party`s support to the UPA candidate, while the PDP is yet to announce its decision.
The National Conference has 28 members in the legislative assembly and six members in parliament. The PDP has 21 legislators in the legislative assembly and zero presence in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress