Pranab turns tourist in Srinagar
Srinagar: President Pranab Mukherjee turned a tourist on Thursday visiting famous Mughal Gardens now in their full autumn bloom and taking a motor boat ride around the Dal lake.
He paid an unscheduled visit to Nishaad Garden and, like the millions of tourists who flock to the valley, posed for photographs in the backdrop of magnificent mountains. He was accompanied by Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Earlier, the President had 15 minutes motor boat ride in the Dal lake during which he enquired about the operation to de-weed the famous water body.
"I truly enjoyed," he gushed.
He said that he was happy that efforts are on to clean the lake which is the top tourist attraction here.
Mukherjee later attended a dinner hosted by the Chief Minister.
He leaves for Delhi tomorrow after first visit to Jammu and Kashmir since assuming office as a President two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore