Pranab turns tourist in Srinagar
Srinagar: President Pranab Mukherjee turned a tourist on Thursday visiting famous Mughal Gardens now in their full autumn bloom and taking a motor boat ride around the Dal lake.
He paid an unscheduled visit to Nishaad Garden and, like the millions of tourists who flock to the valley, posed for photographs in the backdrop of magnificent mountains. He was accompanied by Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Earlier, the President had 15 minutes motor boat ride in the Dal lake during which he enquired about the operation to de-weed the famous water body.
"I truly enjoyed," he gushed.
He said that he was happy that efforts are on to clean the lake which is the top tourist attraction here.
Mukherjee later attended a dinner hosted by the Chief Minister.
He leaves for Delhi tomorrow after first visit to Jammu and Kashmir since assuming office as a President two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan