Pranab turns tourist in Srinagar
Srinagar: President Pranab Mukherjee turned a tourist on Thursday visiting famous Mughal Gardens now in their full autumn bloom and taking a motor boat ride around the Dal lake.
He paid an unscheduled visit to Nishaad Garden and, like the millions of tourists who flock to the valley, posed for photographs in the backdrop of magnificent mountains. He was accompanied by Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Earlier, the President had 15 minutes motor boat ride in the Dal lake during which he enquired about the operation to de-weed the famous water body.
"I truly enjoyed," he gushed.
He said that he was happy that efforts are on to clean the lake which is the top tourist attraction here.
Mukherjee later attended a dinner hosted by the Chief Minister.
He leaves for Delhi tomorrow after first visit to Jammu and Kashmir since assuming office as a President two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!