Pranab turns tourist in Srinagar
Srinagar: President Pranab Mukherjee turned a tourist on Thursday visiting famous Mughal Gardens now in their full autumn bloom and taking a motor boat ride around the Dal lake.
He paid an unscheduled visit to Nishaad Garden and, like the millions of tourists who flock to the valley, posed for photographs in the backdrop of magnificent mountains. He was accompanied by Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Earlier, the President had 15 minutes motor boat ride in the Dal lake during which he enquired about the operation to de-weed the famous water body.
"I truly enjoyed," he gushed.
He said that he was happy that efforts are on to clean the lake which is the top tourist attraction here.
Mukherjee later attended a dinner hosted by the Chief Minister.
He leaves for Delhi tomorrow after first visit to Jammu and Kashmir since assuming office as a President two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD