Pranab turns tourist in Srinagar
Srinagar: President Pranab Mukherjee turned a tourist on Thursday visiting famous Mughal Gardens now in their full autumn bloom and taking a motor boat ride around the Dal lake.
He paid an unscheduled visit to Nishaad Garden and, like the millions of tourists who flock to the valley, posed for photographs in the backdrop of magnificent mountains. He was accompanied by Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Earlier, the President had 15 minutes motor boat ride in the Dal lake during which he enquired about the operation to de-weed the famous water body.
"I truly enjoyed," he gushed.
He said that he was happy that efforts are on to clean the lake which is the top tourist attraction here.
Mukherjee later attended a dinner hosted by the Chief Minister.
He leaves for Delhi tomorrow after first visit to Jammu and Kashmir since assuming office as a President two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened