PRC not on Congress agenda, no question to support it: Soz
Jammu: Ruling out support to a bill
seeking cancellation of permanent resident rights of domicile
women marrying outside Jammu and Kashmir, state Congress
on Saturday said it was not on party agenda.
J-K Congress president Saiffudin Soz said the Permanent
Resident (Disqualification) Certificate bill introduced by the
PDP in the legislative council "is not on Congress agenda and
there is no question to support it".
"How can we support a private member`s bill of another
party when we are in coalition with the National Conference,"
he told reporters.
Soz after participating in a seminar on `Importance of
Women in nation Building`, organised by J-K Mahila Congress
here, said women`s rights have to be acknowledged and promoted
for the well being of the society.
Passing of the women`s reservation bill in Rajya Sabha
was a good beginning in this direction, he added.
Describing it as "a bitter pill for men to digest", the
PCC chief told the seminar that "passing of the bill has
conveyed a strong signal to the whole country that men will
have to be ready for sacrifice and make space for women".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed