PRC not on Congress agenda, no question to support it: Soz
Jammu: Ruling out support to a bill
seeking cancellation of permanent resident rights of domicile
women marrying outside Jammu and Kashmir, state Congress
on Saturday said it was not on party agenda.
J-K Congress president Saiffudin Soz said the Permanent
Resident (Disqualification) Certificate bill introduced by the
PDP in the legislative council "is not on Congress agenda and
there is no question to support it".
"How can we support a private member`s bill of another
party when we are in coalition with the National Conference,"
he told reporters.
Soz after participating in a seminar on `Importance of
Women in nation Building`, organised by J-K Mahila Congress
here, said women`s rights have to be acknowledged and promoted
for the well being of the society.
Passing of the women`s reservation bill in Rajya Sabha
was a good beginning in this direction, he added.
Describing it as "a bitter pill for men to digest", the
PCC chief told the seminar that "passing of the bill has
conveyed a strong signal to the whole country that men will
have to be ready for sacrifice and make space for women".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth