PRC not on Congress agenda, no question to support it: Soz
Jammu: Ruling out support to a bill
seeking cancellation of permanent resident rights of domicile
women marrying outside Jammu and Kashmir, state Congress
on Saturday said it was not on party agenda.
J-K Congress president Saiffudin Soz said the Permanent
Resident (Disqualification) Certificate bill introduced by the
PDP in the legislative council "is not on Congress agenda and
there is no question to support it".
"How can we support a private member`s bill of another
party when we are in coalition with the National Conference,"
he told reporters.
Soz after participating in a seminar on `Importance of
Women in nation Building`, organised by J-K Mahila Congress
here, said women`s rights have to be acknowledged and promoted
for the well being of the society.
Passing of the women`s reservation bill in Rajya Sabha
was a good beginning in this direction, he added.
Describing it as "a bitter pill for men to digest", the
PCC chief told the seminar that "passing of the bill has
conveyed a strong signal to the whole country that men will
have to be ready for sacrifice and make space for women".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday