Pre-1953 position only remedy to end mayhem in Kashmir: NC
Jammu: The ruling National Conference (NC) on Tuesday said that restoration of pre-1953 position is the only remedy within the Constitutional framework to end decades of uncertainty and mayhem in the state.
"Restoration of pre-1953 position is the only remedy within the Constitutional framework to end decades of uncertainty and mayhem," NC additional general secretary, Sheikh Mustafa Kamal said.
Kamal, who addressed a chain of public meetings in Rajouri district during his two-day tour said, "It can also be the stepping stone for peaceful and amicable settlement of the six decades old Kashmir dispute with Pakistan over Kashmir."
Reiterating his party`s commitment to fight for restoration of pre-1953 position in Jammu and Kashmir, he said, the NC has always advocated and practiced peaceful political struggle espousing people`s cause, be it against the oppressive regime before 1947 or the forces of treachery and deceit after 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray