Pre-1953 position only remedy to end mayhem in Kashmir: NC
Jammu: The ruling National Conference (NC) on Tuesday said that restoration of pre-1953 position is the only remedy within the Constitutional framework to end decades of uncertainty and mayhem in the state.
"Restoration of pre-1953 position is the only remedy within the Constitutional framework to end decades of uncertainty and mayhem," NC additional general secretary, Sheikh Mustafa Kamal said.
Kamal, who addressed a chain of public meetings in Rajouri district during his two-day tour said, "It can also be the stepping stone for peaceful and amicable settlement of the six decades old Kashmir dispute with Pakistan over Kashmir."
Reiterating his party`s commitment to fight for restoration of pre-1953 position in Jammu and Kashmir, he said, the NC has always advocated and practiced peaceful political struggle espousing people`s cause, be it against the oppressive regime before 1947 or the forces of treachery and deceit after 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?