Pre-1953 position only remedy to end mayhem in Kashmir: NC
Jammu: The ruling National Conference (NC) on Tuesday said that restoration of pre-1953 position is the only remedy within the Constitutional framework to end decades of uncertainty and mayhem in the state.
"Restoration of pre-1953 position is the only remedy within the Constitutional framework to end decades of uncertainty and mayhem," NC additional general secretary, Sheikh Mustafa Kamal said.
Kamal, who addressed a chain of public meetings in Rajouri district during his two-day tour said, "It can also be the stepping stone for peaceful and amicable settlement of the six decades old Kashmir dispute with Pakistan over Kashmir."
Reiterating his party`s commitment to fight for restoration of pre-1953 position in Jammu and Kashmir, he said, the NC has always advocated and practiced peaceful political struggle espousing people`s cause, be it against the oppressive regime before 1947 or the forces of treachery and deceit after 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- GAAR not to apply on income from investments before April 1
- PHOTO: Virat Kohli in his all new avatar!
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs