Pregnant woman dies in hospital, family demands inquiry in J&K
Kishtwar: Demanding an inquiry against doctors in connection with the death of a pregnant woman, family members of the deceased held a protest demonstration and blocked the main road in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
A social welfare worker Shakeela Begum was brought to the Kishtwar district hospital from Chatroo area by her family members for delivery last night, but she died this morning.
Family members alleging that her death in the hospital premises was due to negligence and that she had remained unattended at night, lodged a strong protest and blocked the main road near Kishtwar police station for hours together.
They were later on joined by a large number of people, demanding a thorough inquiry into the matter.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Kishtwar, Dr Ajay Gupta reached the spot and tried to pacify the agitators.
The agitation and blockade were lifted after the Director Health Services-Jammu gave assurances on telephone.
A team, constituted by the Director Health Services-Jammu, is expected to reach here tomorrow.
However, Medical Superintendent Dr GM Naquib refuted allegations of negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa