Prepare azadi roadmap:Interlocutor to J&K students
Srinagar: Dilip Padgaonkar, who heads the
group of Centre`s interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, today
asked students to prepare a roadmap for `azaadi` by the time
they return for a second visit to the Valley.
"Next time when we come (to Kashmir), let us discuss
`azaadi` and its economic and strategic implications. We have
to discuss it threadbare. If this is your wish, we can discuss
it," he told a group of university students here.
"Prepare a roadmap with a time-line which can be
delivered. Make it precise, make it practical, which can be
achieved in a time-bound manner," the journalist told them.
The students presented to the interlocutors a three-point
formula for reducing the trust-deficit.
The three-point formula suggested by them included the
demand for immediate release of students and youths who have
been arrested on charges of stone-pelting during the unrest,
repeal of all the "draconian laws" and demilitarisation of the
"Such steps will help in reducing the trust-deficit,"
a student said.
Padgaonkar said he wished to see more schools and fewer
jails in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days