Preserve old treasure of Gojri language: Experts
Jammu: The need to preserve the ancient Gojri
language by documenting its folk, modern and Sufi literature
was stressed at a state-level seminar on `Gojri Sufi Poetry`
in Jammu on Thursday.
The participants appealed to the authorities to ensure
constitutional protection to tribal language Gojri, spoken by
scheduled tribe Gujjar-Bakerwals.
"We stress upon the government to preserve the oldest word
treasure of Gojri language by documenting its folk, modern and
Sufi literature. There should be speedy development of this
third largest spoken language of Jammu and Kashmir," Chief
Editor of State Academy of Art, Culture and Languages, Javaid
Minister of state for Haj and Wakf Aijaz Ahmad Khan said
the main objective of the seminar was to propagate the message
and philosophy of Sufi poets who enriched Gojri language with
their valuable poetry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India