Preserve old treasure of Gojri language: Experts
Jammu: The need to preserve the ancient Gojri
language by documenting its folk, modern and Sufi literature
was stressed at a state-level seminar on `Gojri Sufi Poetry`
in Jammu on Thursday.
The participants appealed to the authorities to ensure
constitutional protection to tribal language Gojri, spoken by
scheduled tribe Gujjar-Bakerwals.
"We stress upon the government to preserve the oldest word
treasure of Gojri language by documenting its folk, modern and
Sufi literature. There should be speedy development of this
third largest spoken language of Jammu and Kashmir," Chief
Editor of State Academy of Art, Culture and Languages, Javaid
Minister of state for Haj and Wakf Aijaz Ahmad Khan said
the main objective of the seminar was to propagate the message
and philosophy of Sufi poets who enriched Gojri language with
their valuable poetry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!