Preserve old treasure of Gojri language: Experts
Jammu: The need to preserve the ancient Gojri
language by documenting its folk, modern and Sufi literature
was stressed at a state-level seminar on `Gojri Sufi Poetry`
in Jammu on Thursday.
The participants appealed to the authorities to ensure
constitutional protection to tribal language Gojri, spoken by
scheduled tribe Gujjar-Bakerwals.
"We stress upon the government to preserve the oldest word
treasure of Gojri language by documenting its folk, modern and
Sufi literature. There should be speedy development of this
third largest spoken language of Jammu and Kashmir," Chief
Editor of State Academy of Art, Culture and Languages, Javaid
Minister of state for Haj and Wakf Aijaz Ahmad Khan said
the main objective of the seminar was to propagate the message
and philosophy of Sufi poets who enriched Gojri language with
their valuable poetry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!