President Patil arriving in J&K today
Jammu: President Pratibha Patil is arriving on a three-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir Thursday evening.
She will be attending and addressing the convocation at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Friday. She would also be offering payers at the Vaishno Devi shrine.
Elaborate security arrangements have been put in place for her visit, with special commando teams deployed at key places.
"Every necessary arrangement has been made for the visit of the VVIP," Dilbag Singh, inspector general of police, Jammu Zone, told. He said the security agencies were taking no chances.
Governor N.N. Vohra, sources said, was personally monitoring the details of the president`s visit. He is chancellor of the Vaishno Devi University and also chairman of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’