President Patil arriving in J&K today
Jammu: President Pratibha Patil is arriving on a three-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir Thursday evening.
She will be attending and addressing the convocation at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Friday. She would also be offering payers at the Vaishno Devi shrine.
Elaborate security arrangements have been put in place for her visit, with special commando teams deployed at key places.
"Every necessary arrangement has been made for the visit of the VVIP," Dilbag Singh, inspector general of police, Jammu Zone, told. He said the security agencies were taking no chances.
Governor N.N. Vohra, sources said, was personally monitoring the details of the president`s visit. He is chancellor of the Vaishno Devi University and also chairman of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India