Prisoners clash with jail officials, six injured
Lucknow: At least six people were injured when prisoners clashed with officials in the district jail at Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh during a surprise inspection, police said Monday.
Upset over the sudden intrusion into their barracks, inmates late Sunday assaulted the officials, including deputy jailor Kashi Prasad.
"After heated arguments with Prasad, the prisoners attacked him. They also targeted other officials who intervened," Additional Superintendent of Police Saligram said in Rae Bareli, 80 km from here.
The injured, including three ofificials, were taken to a hospital. All of them are out-of-danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune