Priyanka stands out in Kashmir Congress posters
Jammu: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka seems to be the new mascot of the party in Jammu and Kashmir, having found a prominent place in its advertisements and posters announcing a mega rally here on Sunday.
In full-page ads published in local newspapers, a smiling Priyanka is seen sharing space with her mother as well as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The posters and advertisements have been issued by minister Raman Bhalla of the Congress, urging people to join the "mega" rally of the party in his constituency of Gandhinagar in Jammu Sunday.
The Congress is a ruling ally of the National Conference in Kashmir. This is the first time in all these years that Priyanka has found place in the party`s posters in Jammu and Kashmir, though she never visited the state for rallies or election campaigning.
Her brother Rahul, however, was introduced to the political and electoral landscape of Jammu and Kashmir in the 2008 assembly elections. Thereafter, he has been visiting the state for electioneering and interacting with party workers.
Arvind Kumar, a supporter of the minister, said, "She (Priyanka) is there (on the posters and advertisements) because she is our leader."
"Look at the way she is attracting crowds in the rallies across Uttar Pradesh," he said, referring to the country`s most populous state where assembly elections are in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!