Priyanka stands out in Kashmir Congress posters
Jammu: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka seems to be the new mascot of the party in Jammu and Kashmir, having found a prominent place in its advertisements and posters announcing a mega rally here on Sunday.
In full-page ads published in local newspapers, a smiling Priyanka is seen sharing space with her mother as well as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The posters and advertisements have been issued by minister Raman Bhalla of the Congress, urging people to join the "mega" rally of the party in his constituency of Gandhinagar in Jammu Sunday.
The Congress is a ruling ally of the National Conference in Kashmir. This is the first time in all these years that Priyanka has found place in the party`s posters in Jammu and Kashmir, though she never visited the state for rallies or election campaigning.
Her brother Rahul, however, was introduced to the political and electoral landscape of Jammu and Kashmir in the 2008 assembly elections. Thereafter, he has been visiting the state for electioneering and interacting with party workers.
Arvind Kumar, a supporter of the minister, said, "She (Priyanka) is there (on the posters and advertisements) because she is our leader."
"Look at the way she is attracting crowds in the rallies across Uttar Pradesh," he said, referring to the country`s most populous state where assembly elections are in progress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler