‘Probe into CISF firing to be logically concluded’
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Thursday said probe into the CISF firing on protestors
against power shortage in Boniyar would be taken to its
logical conclusion and assured that the Centre would allow law
to take its own course.
"Keeping in with their commitment in ensuring Justice,
they (Centre) will allow law to follow its own course," Omar
told reporters here today.
The Chief Minister said, "as far as I am concerned, two
parallel courses of action have been initiated. There is a
magisterial inquiry -- that is going on. There is also the
legal process as a result of filing of FIR under relevent
sections of the penal code".
"Both (these probes) would be taken to logical
conclusion-- and in case it is found that prosecution is
warranted and legal action has to follow-- if required we will
approach the Government of India (GOI) (for sanction) and I
have no doubt about it," he said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question about the
statement of the Centre and Chief of CISF that they come under
preview of AFSPA and need the Centre`s nod to prosecute CISF
persons involved in the firing at Boniyar on January two.
"I am not getting into tussle with anybody else", Omar
Director General of CISF N R Das had said its personnel
had strictly followed the standard operating procedure before
opening fire at a mob at the NHPC power plant at Uri in North
Kashmir in which a teenager was killed.
CISF personnel also enjoyed cover under AFSPA and the
Home Ministry has advised the state government to prevent any
further law and order problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das