Probe launched into Gool firing incident
Jammu: An inquiry was on Sunday launched into the incident of firing by security forces during an attack on BSF camp in Gool belt in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir in which four civilians were killed.
Divisional Commissioner, Jammu, Shantmanu was appointed as the inquiry officer by the Jammu and Kashmir government to enquire into the July 18 incident which took place in Dharam area of Gool.
The Divisional Commissioner, while on his way to Gool, met senior civil and police officers at Dak Banglow in Ramban and initiated the process of enquiry, an official spokesperson said.
Shantmanu will visit the site of the incident at Dharam tomorrow and record statements of the witnesses of the incident at Dak Bungalow in Sangaldan, the spokesperson said.
Four persons were killed and 42 suffered injuries in the firing in Gool when a mob attacked a BSF camp to protest against alleged high-handedness of a BSF team.
Protests against the killing had erupted across Jammu and Kashmir, leading to clashes and stone-pelting in which several persons were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender