Probe launched into Gool firing incident
Jammu: An inquiry was on Sunday launched into the incident of firing by security forces during an attack on BSF camp in Gool belt in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir in which four civilians were killed.
Divisional Commissioner, Jammu, Shantmanu was appointed as the inquiry officer by the Jammu and Kashmir government to enquire into the July 18 incident which took place in Dharam area of Gool.
The Divisional Commissioner, while on his way to Gool, met senior civil and police officers at Dak Banglow in Ramban and initiated the process of enquiry, an official spokesperson said.
Shantmanu will visit the site of the incident at Dharam tomorrow and record statements of the witnesses of the incident at Dak Bungalow in Sangaldan, the spokesperson said.
Four persons were killed and 42 suffered injuries in the firing in Gool when a mob attacked a BSF camp to protest against alleged high-handedness of a BSF team.
Protests against the killing had erupted across Jammu and Kashmir, leading to clashes and stone-pelting in which several persons were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM