Probe ordered into foreign tourist`s death in J&K avalanche
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday night ordered a magisterial probe into the cause of death of a Swiss national who was killed in an avalanche while skiing at Gulmarg resort.
Divisional Commissioner Shailendra Kumar has asked District Magistrate, Baramulla as Enquiry Officer to ascertain the cause of death of the Swiss National Arno Roy and submit the report within 5 days, an official spokesman said.
Medical and legal formalities of the deceased are being completed and the Swiss embassy has been informed about the unfortunate incident, the spokesman said.
Roy was among three tourists found dead after being trapped in snow during skiing in the Gulmarg resort between Kongdoori and Afferwath.
Five of his associates were rescued after they were struck by the avalanche and taken to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!