Probe ordered into foreign tourist`s death in J&K avalanche
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday night ordered a magisterial probe into the cause of death of a Swiss national who was killed in an avalanche while skiing at Gulmarg resort.
Divisional Commissioner Shailendra Kumar has asked District Magistrate, Baramulla as Enquiry Officer to ascertain the cause of death of the Swiss National Arno Roy and submit the report within 5 days, an official spokesman said.
Medical and legal formalities of the deceased are being completed and the Swiss embassy has been informed about the unfortunate incident, the spokesman said.
Roy was among three tourists found dead after being trapped in snow during skiing in the Gulmarg resort between Kongdoori and Afferwath.
Five of his associates were rescued after they were struck by the avalanche and taken to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal