Probe ordered into Kashmiri kids` deaths
Srinagar: Admitting that 35 children died in the last fortnight at a premier hospital here, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday said an inquiry had been ordered.
Following media reports about the deaths at the GP Pant Hospital, Minister for Medical Education RS Chib said experts from the Srinagar Medical College would conduct the probe and submit a report in a week.
The minister said it would be premature to blame the doctors. "Some of the children died of encephalitis, where the normal mortality rate is 98 percent.
"We need better coordination among the hospital superintendent, deputy superintendent and unit heads. We also need to increase the number of ventilators and nursing staff," Chib said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees