Probe ordered into Kashmiri kids` deaths
Srinagar: Admitting that 35 children died in the last fortnight at a premier hospital here, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday said an inquiry had been ordered.
Following media reports about the deaths at the GP Pant Hospital, Minister for Medical Education RS Chib said experts from the Srinagar Medical College would conduct the probe and submit a report in a week.
The minister said it would be premature to blame the doctors. "Some of the children died of encephalitis, where the normal mortality rate is 98 percent.
"We need better coordination among the hospital superintendent, deputy superintendent and unit heads. We also need to increase the number of ventilators and nursing staff," Chib said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly