Probe ordered into Kashmiri kids` deaths
Srinagar: Admitting that 35 children died in the last fortnight at a premier hospital here, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday said an inquiry had been ordered.
Following media reports about the deaths at the GP Pant Hospital, Minister for Medical Education RS Chib said experts from the Srinagar Medical College would conduct the probe and submit a report in a week.
The minister said it would be premature to blame the doctors. "Some of the children died of encephalitis, where the normal mortality rate is 98 percent.
"We need better coordination among the hospital superintendent, deputy superintendent and unit heads. We also need to increase the number of ventilators and nursing staff," Chib said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations