`Progress, resolution of Kashmir issue should go hand in hand`
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Monday said resolution of Kashmir problem and good governance have to go hand in hand for a peaceful and prosperous Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP during its brief tenure had put this strategy into practice with spectacular results," Mehbooba said at a public meeting in south Kashmir.
Mehbooba said that keeping the peculiar situation of the state in mind, PDP had adopted an agenda which had the potential of addressing all the dimensions of Kashmir issue and also providing a better, transparent and accountable system of governance.
Mehbooba said PDP-Congress government adopted a reconciliatory policy by revoking POTA, releasing prisoners, preventing harassment of people which helped in creating right atmosphere for political process.
"Similarly ceasefire on the borders, initiation of dialogue between government of India and separatists, opening of cross LOC roads during that tenure were seen as great milestones in the resolution of Kashmir problem," she said.
Mehbooba said besides reviving the political process development and governance took a huge leap forward resulting in restoration of public faith in that government system.
She said PDP-Congress government started with the burden of all kinds of problems, but were able to not only restore sense of security and normalcy in the state but also start a new chapter of development all over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why