Project Sampark celebrated the 52nd raising day in
Jammu: The 52nd raising day of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) was celebrated with pomp and show in Jammu here today.
BRO was raised on May 7, 1960, and has immensely contributed to development of roads in remote and difficult border areas.
The celebrations were led by `Project Sampark` which looks after the construction, improvement and maintenance of approximately 2,600km of strategic roads in the border district of Jammu, Kathua, Doda, Udhampur, Rajouri, Reasi and Poonch since the last 37 years.
Umesh Chander Mehta, Chief Engineer, Project Sampark addressed all ranks of the Project. He complimented all ranks on behalf of Lieutenant General S Ravishankar, Director General of Border Roads Organisation and read out his message.
He congratulated all ranks on their excellent efforts, hard work and perseverance in successfully bringing Project Sampark to the second position amongst all the 18 Projects of Border Roads Organisation all over India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened