Project Sampark celebrated the 52nd raising day in
Jammu: The 52nd raising day of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) was celebrated with pomp and show in Jammu here today.
BRO was raised on May 7, 1960, and has immensely contributed to development of roads in remote and difficult border areas.
The celebrations were led by `Project Sampark` which looks after the construction, improvement and maintenance of approximately 2,600km of strategic roads in the border district of Jammu, Kathua, Doda, Udhampur, Rajouri, Reasi and Poonch since the last 37 years.
Umesh Chander Mehta, Chief Engineer, Project Sampark addressed all ranks of the Project. He complimented all ranks on behalf of Lieutenant General S Ravishankar, Director General of Border Roads Organisation and read out his message.
He congratulated all ranks on their excellent efforts, hard work and perseverance in successfully bringing Project Sampark to the second position amongst all the 18 Projects of Border Roads Organisation all over India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH