Project Sampark celebrated the 52nd raising day in
Jammu: The 52nd raising day of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) was celebrated with pomp and show in Jammu here today.
BRO was raised on May 7, 1960, and has immensely contributed to development of roads in remote and difficult border areas.
The celebrations were led by `Project Sampark` which looks after the construction, improvement and maintenance of approximately 2,600km of strategic roads in the border district of Jammu, Kathua, Doda, Udhampur, Rajouri, Reasi and Poonch since the last 37 years.
Umesh Chander Mehta, Chief Engineer, Project Sampark addressed all ranks of the Project. He complimented all ranks on behalf of Lieutenant General S Ravishankar, Director General of Border Roads Organisation and read out his message.
He congratulated all ranks on their excellent efforts, hard work and perseverance in successfully bringing Project Sampark to the second position amongst all the 18 Projects of Border Roads Organisation all over India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital