Project Sampark celebrated the 52nd raising day in
Jammu: The 52nd raising day of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) was celebrated with pomp and show in Jammu here today.
BRO was raised on May 7, 1960, and has immensely contributed to development of roads in remote and difficult border areas.
The celebrations were led by `Project Sampark` which looks after the construction, improvement and maintenance of approximately 2,600km of strategic roads in the border district of Jammu, Kathua, Doda, Udhampur, Rajouri, Reasi and Poonch since the last 37 years.
Umesh Chander Mehta, Chief Engineer, Project Sampark addressed all ranks of the Project. He complimented all ranks on behalf of Lieutenant General S Ravishankar, Director General of Border Roads Organisation and read out his message.
He congratulated all ranks on their excellent efforts, hard work and perseverance in successfully bringing Project Sampark to the second position amongst all the 18 Projects of Border Roads Organisation all over India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India