Project Sampark celebrated the 52nd raising day in
Jammu: The 52nd raising day of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) was celebrated with pomp and show in Jammu here today.
BRO was raised on May 7, 1960, and has immensely contributed to development of roads in remote and difficult border areas.
The celebrations were led by `Project Sampark` which looks after the construction, improvement and maintenance of approximately 2,600km of strategic roads in the border district of Jammu, Kathua, Doda, Udhampur, Rajouri, Reasi and Poonch since the last 37 years.
Umesh Chander Mehta, Chief Engineer, Project Sampark addressed all ranks of the Project. He complimented all ranks on behalf of Lieutenant General S Ravishankar, Director General of Border Roads Organisation and read out his message.
He congratulated all ranks on their excellent efforts, hard work and perseverance in successfully bringing Project Sampark to the second position amongst all the 18 Projects of Border Roads Organisation all over India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?