Protest held in Jammu in support of Anna Hazare
Jammu: Lambasting the Central government for
its failure to bring in a strong Jan Lokpal Bill in
Parliament, supporters of Anna Hazare on Sunday sat on a dharna
and held protest demonstrations here.
Led by the State Coordinator of India Against Corruption
(IAC) Ravinder Raina, over 100 supporters converged at Mubarak
Mandi historic complex in Jammu city and held protest
demonstrations in support of Anna.
They sat on a dharna at the complex shouting slogans like
`Bharat Mata Ki Jai` and `Vande Materam`.
Demanding a strong Lokpal bill be passed in Parliament,
they backed Hazare`s day-long dharna in New Delhi to press for
"We are on a dharna here to support Anna Hazare`s fast at
Jantar Mantar in support of the Janlokpal Bill," Raina told
"It is our duty to support Anna once again. We fully
support the demands of Anna that the lower bureaucracy, higher
judiciary, provisions for Citizen`s Charter and setting up of
Lokayuktas at the state level be brought under the ambit of
the Bill", he said.
He said it is clear from the Standing Committee draft
that the government is cheating the people. The committee had
not included the lower bureaucracy and the CBI in the Lokpal`s
ambit, he added.
Over 150 supporters under the banner of J&K Peace and
Justice organisation took out protest rally in support of the
Anna Hazare and held demonstration in Dogra Chowk area of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in