Protest held in Jammu in support of Anna
Jammu: Lambasting the Central government for
its failure to bring in a strong Jan Lokpal bill in
Parliament, supporters of Anna Hazare on Sunday sat on a dharna
and held protest demonstrations here.
Led by the State Coordinator of India Against Corruption
(IAC) Ravinder Raina, over 100 supporters converged at Mubarak
Mandi historic complex in Jammu city and held protest
demonstrations in support of Anna.
They sat on a dharna at the complex shouting slogans like
`Bharat Mata Ki Jai` and `Vande Materam`.
Demanding a strong Lokpal bill be passed in Parliament,
they backed Hazare`s day-long dharna in New Delhi to press for
"We are on a dharna here to support Anna Hazare`s fast at
Jantar Mantar in support of the Janlokpal Bill," Raina told
"It is our duty to support Anna once again. We fully
support the demands of Anna that the lower bureaucracy, higher
judiciary, provisions for Citizen`s Charter and setting up of
Lokayuktas at the state level be brought under the ambit of
the Bill", he said.
He said it is clear from the Standing Committee draft
that the government is cheating the people. The committee had
not included the lower bureaucracy and the CBI in the Lokpal`s
ambit, he added.
Over 150 supporters under the banner of J-K Peace and
Justice organisation took out protest rally in support of the
Anna Hazare and held demonstration in Dogra Chowk area of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days