Protest in J&K after girl alleges misbehaviour by jawan
Srinagar: A group of agitators on Sunday pelted
stones at Kashmir Haat here to protest the alleged
misbehaviour of a paramilitary personnel with a girl, though
the situation was brought under control by the police who
lathi-charged the crowd.
Passersby gathered outside Kashmir Haat near Jahangir
Chowk and started protesting after a girl alleged that a
security jawan had misbehaved with her, officials said.
They said the police baton-charged the protesters, who
had started pelting stones, and brought the situation under
control within 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, a police spokesman said the department has
taken cognisance of the incident.
"Police has taken cognisance of the incident which
created pandemonium in Kashmir Haat this evening," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what