Protest in J&K after girl alleges misbehaviour by jawan
Srinagar: A group of agitators on Sunday pelted
stones at Kashmir Haat here to protest the alleged
misbehaviour of a paramilitary personnel with a girl, though
the situation was brought under control by the police who
lathi-charged the crowd.
Passersby gathered outside Kashmir Haat near Jahangir
Chowk and started protesting after a girl alleged that a
security jawan had misbehaved with her, officials said.
They said the police baton-charged the protesters, who
had started pelting stones, and brought the situation under
control within 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, a police spokesman said the department has
taken cognisance of the incident.
"Police has taken cognisance of the incident which
created pandemonium in Kashmir Haat this evening," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II