Protest in J&K after girl alleges misbehaviour by jawan
Srinagar: A group of agitators on Sunday pelted
stones at Kashmir Haat here to protest the alleged
misbehaviour of a paramilitary personnel with a girl, though
the situation was brought under control by the police who
lathi-charged the crowd.
Passersby gathered outside Kashmir Haat near Jahangir
Chowk and started protesting after a girl alleged that a
security jawan had misbehaved with her, officials said.
They said the police baton-charged the protesters, who
had started pelting stones, and brought the situation under
control within 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, a police spokesman said the department has
taken cognisance of the incident.
"Police has taken cognisance of the incident which
created pandemonium in Kashmir Haat this evening," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!