Protest in J&K after girl alleges misbehaviour by jawan
Srinagar: A group of agitators on Sunday pelted
stones at Kashmir Haat here to protest the alleged
misbehaviour of a paramilitary personnel with a girl, though
the situation was brought under control by the police who
lathi-charged the crowd.
Passersby gathered outside Kashmir Haat near Jahangir
Chowk and started protesting after a girl alleged that a
security jawan had misbehaved with her, officials said.
They said the police baton-charged the protesters, who
had started pelting stones, and brought the situation under
control within 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, a police spokesman said the department has
taken cognisance of the incident.
"Police has taken cognisance of the incident which
created pandemonium in Kashmir Haat this evening," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi