Protest in J&K after girl alleges misbehaviour by jawan
Srinagar: A group of agitators on Sunday pelted
stones at Kashmir Haat here to protest the alleged
misbehaviour of a paramilitary personnel with a girl, though
the situation was brought under control by the police who
lathi-charged the crowd.
Passersby gathered outside Kashmir Haat near Jahangir
Chowk and started protesting after a girl alleged that a
security jawan had misbehaved with her, officials said.
They said the police baton-charged the protesters, who
had started pelting stones, and brought the situation under
control within 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, a police spokesman said the department has
taken cognisance of the incident.
"Police has taken cognisance of the incident which
created pandemonium in Kashmir Haat this evening," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi