Protestors block Jammu-Pathankote highway on drainage issue
Jammu: About 250 villagers today blocked Jammu-Pathankote national highway at Kali Bari demanding proper drainage system in their village, officials said here.
The villagers blocked the highway at Kali Bari, about 90-kms from here, in Kathua district for about one hour disrupting movement of vehicular traffic on the highway, they
The protestors also raised slogans against the District Development Commissioner (DDC).
The villagers complained that authorities had filled one of the canals with mud which caused water logging in many areas of the village.
A district administration officer along with others rushed to the spot and assured the villagers that the authorities would take steps to fulfil their demand following
which the villagers dispersed and traffic was resumed on the highway, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday