Protests continue over Delhi gang-rape case in Jam
Jammu: Demanding hanging of the culprits involved in the gang-rape of a young girl in a moving bus in New Delhi, Jammu on Saturday witnessed protest demonstrations and rallies by school and college children for the third consecutive day.
A large number of school children boycotted the classes and took out protest rally in R S Pura area of the city against the gang-rape of the 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in New Delhi.
Carrying placards and shouting slogans, the girl students demanded capital punishment for rapists.
Some girl students also took candle-march rally and prayed for the girl and demanded death penalty for the accused.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere during these protests, police said.
The girl was raped by six men in a moving bus, which had tinted glass and curtains on it on Sunday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez