Protests continue over Delhi gang-rape case in Jam
Jammu: Demanding hanging of the culprits involved in the gang-rape of a young girl in a moving bus in New Delhi, Jammu on Saturday witnessed protest demonstrations and rallies by school and college children for the third consecutive day.
A large number of school children boycotted the classes and took out protest rally in R S Pura area of the city against the gang-rape of the 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in New Delhi.
Carrying placards and shouting slogans, the girl students demanded capital punishment for rapists.
Some girl students also took candle-march rally and prayed for the girl and demanded death penalty for the accused.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere during these protests, police said.
The girl was raped by six men in a moving bus, which had tinted glass and curtains on it on Sunday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi