Protests continue over Delhi gang-rape case in Jam
Jammu: Demanding hanging of the culprits involved in the gang-rape of a young girl in a moving bus in New Delhi, Jammu on Saturday witnessed protest demonstrations and rallies by school and college children for the third consecutive day.
A large number of school children boycotted the classes and took out protest rally in R S Pura area of the city against the gang-rape of the 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in New Delhi.
Carrying placards and shouting slogans, the girl students demanded capital punishment for rapists.
Some girl students also took candle-march rally and prayed for the girl and demanded death penalty for the accused.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere during these protests, police said.
The girl was raped by six men in a moving bus, which had tinted glass and curtains on it on Sunday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon