Protests held in Kishtwar over gang-rape of minor girl
Jammu: Protests were held in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir over the alleged gang-rape of a minor girl even as two accused in the case were arrested.
The 15-year-old girl was abducted on the intervening night of July 24 and 25 by four youths in Bhatkot village of the district, DSP, Kishtwar, Farooq Qaiser said.
Later, she was taken to an isolated place and gang-raped by them, he said.
However, the girl returned home next morning and informed her family members about her ordeal, who complained to the police regarding the incident.
Meanwhile, two accused in the case, identified as Ranjeet Singh and Sanjeet Kumar, were arrested yesterday while efforts are on to nab the remaining accused, police added.
An irate mob took out demonstrations in protest against the heinous crime yesterday and demanded severe punishment for the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!