Protests held in Kishtwar over gang-rape of minor girl
Jammu: Protests were held in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir over the alleged gang-rape of a minor girl even as two accused in the case were arrested.
The 15-year-old girl was abducted on the intervening night of July 24 and 25 by four youths in Bhatkot village of the district, DSP, Kishtwar, Farooq Qaiser said.
Later, she was taken to an isolated place and gang-raped by them, he said.
However, the girl returned home next morning and informed her family members about her ordeal, who complained to the police regarding the incident.
Meanwhile, two accused in the case, identified as Ranjeet Singh and Sanjeet Kumar, were arrested yesterday while efforts are on to nab the remaining accused, police added.
An irate mob took out demonstrations in protest against the heinous crime yesterday and demanded severe punishment for the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan