Protests held in Kishtwar over gang-rape of minor girl
Jammu: Protests were held in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir over the alleged gang-rape of a minor girl even as two accused in the case were arrested.
The 15-year-old girl was abducted on the intervening night of July 24 and 25 by four youths in Bhatkot village of the district, DSP, Kishtwar, Farooq Qaiser said.
Later, she was taken to an isolated place and gang-raped by them, he said.
However, the girl returned home next morning and informed her family members about her ordeal, who complained to the police regarding the incident.
Meanwhile, two accused in the case, identified as Ranjeet Singh and Sanjeet Kumar, were arrested yesterday while efforts are on to nab the remaining accused, police added.
An irate mob took out demonstrations in protest against the heinous crime yesterday and demanded severe punishment for the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach