Protests in parts of Kashmir over Gaza crisis on Eid-ul-Fitr
Srinagar: Several parts of Kashmir Tuesday witnessed violent protests against the Israeli offensive in Gaza strip soon after the Eid-ul-Fitr prayers, police said.
Although peaceful protests were held at many places against the Israeli action, groups of youth indulged in stone-pelting at Hyderpora and Maulana Azad Road in the city soon after the Eid prayers in these areas concluded, they said.
Reports of similar incidents were reported from Sopore town in Baramulla district, Janglat Mandi area of Anantnag district and Shopian town, police said.
Law enforcing agencies fired several rounds of tear smoke shells to chase away the protesters, they said, adding no one was injured in the incidents.
Rest of the valley was peaceful so far with no untoward incident reported, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'