Protests in Srinagar locality after girl’s suicide
Srinagar: Protests rocked Solina area of the
city on Tuesday after a minor girl committed suicide at her home,
official sources said.
The 12-year-old girl took the extreme step by consuming
some poisonous substance last evening after returning from
school, the sources said, adding she was rushed to a hospital
by her family but she died.
Suspecting that some untoward incident at school might
have forced the girl to take her own life, local residents
staged protests and blocked the Srinagar airport road,
demanding a fair investigation into the incident, they said.
The protesters started pelting stones at passing
vehicles after which the police personnel resorted to cane
charge and tear smoke shelling to restore order, they sources
They said the situation continues to be tense in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi