Protests in Srinagar locality after girl’s suicide
Srinagar: Protests rocked Solina area of the
city on Tuesday after a minor girl committed suicide at her home,
official sources said.
The 12-year-old girl took the extreme step by consuming
some poisonous substance last evening after returning from
school, the sources said, adding she was rushed to a hospital
by her family but she died.
Suspecting that some untoward incident at school might
have forced the girl to take her own life, local residents
staged protests and blocked the Srinagar airport road,
demanding a fair investigation into the incident, they said.
The protesters started pelting stones at passing
vehicles after which the police personnel resorted to cane
charge and tear smoke shelling to restore order, they sources
They said the situation continues to be tense in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days