Protests in Srinagar locality after girl’s suicide
Srinagar: Protests rocked Solina area of the
city on Tuesday after a minor girl committed suicide at her home,
official sources said.
The 12-year-old girl took the extreme step by consuming
some poisonous substance last evening after returning from
school, the sources said, adding she was rushed to a hospital
by her family but she died.
Suspecting that some untoward incident at school might
have forced the girl to take her own life, local residents
staged protests and blocked the Srinagar airport road,
demanding a fair investigation into the incident, they said.
The protesters started pelting stones at passing
vehicles after which the police personnel resorted to cane
charge and tear smoke shelling to restore order, they sources
They said the situation continues to be tense in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj