Protests over Sarabjit`s death in J&K
Jammu: Political parties and student organisations on Friday staged protests here over the death of Sarabjit Singh and asked the Centre to protect the Indian prisoners languishing in jails of Pakistan.
While Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) expressed its anger by burning the Pakistani flag, Communist Party of India (CPI) condemned the murderous assault and urged the Centre to ensure the protection of its citizens languishing in the jails of the neighbouring country.
The ABVP activists led by Manish Chouhan raised slogans against Pakistan and insisted that Centre should have taken tough measures to deal with the situation.
"Sarabjit was murdered in a planned," alleged Chouhan.
He blamed the Centre for Sarabjit`s death, saying that time and again they have failed to deal with such situations.
"Even after repeated incidents they have not done anything. Sarabjit had even wrote letters mentioning that there was threat to his life, but the government did nothing to save him," he alleged.
Meanwhile, CPI secretary GS Charak said "We condemn the attack on Sarabjit in Lahore prison."
He also attacked the "weak" policy of the Centre and added that Government of India should ensure security to all such Indians who are serving prison terms in various Pakistani prisons.
Charak said the incident was aimed at destabilising the relations between the two nations.
The Mahila Morcha of the BJP, meanwhile, launched a signature campaign against UPA government for their failure to provide security to the citizens of the country.
"The Mahila Morcha has launched a nationwide signature campaign and we will make a submission to the President of India about the incapability of the government to provide security to its citizens," state BJP Mahila Morcha president, Priya Sethi, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head