Pulwama DM asks people to carry lanterns at night
Srinagar: District magistrate Pulwama issued a notice asking people
to carry lanterns at night in order to avoid any mishap, an
official spokesman said.
"Keeping in view the intense area domination undertaken by
the security forces, particularly army, the District
Magistrate, Pulwama has suggested the people to undertake
minimum essential movement at night," he said.
The order said on being challenged, the persons should not
run and instead facilitate identification.
"In order to obviate possibility of harm to innocent
persons, it is imperative that the populace be sensitised on
the issue," it said.
The order comes in the wake of several killings by
militants in the south Kashmir district over the past month,
including a woman sarpanch candidate in Pakherpora and an
office bearer of the ruling National Conference in Andergam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'