Pulwama DM asks people to carry lanterns at night
Srinagar: District magistrate Pulwama issued a notice asking people
to carry lanterns at night in order to avoid any mishap, an
official spokesman said.
"Keeping in view the intense area domination undertaken by
the security forces, particularly army, the District
Magistrate, Pulwama has suggested the people to undertake
minimum essential movement at night," he said.
The order said on being challenged, the persons should not
run and instead facilitate identification.
"In order to obviate possibility of harm to innocent
persons, it is imperative that the populace be sensitised on
the issue," it said.
The order comes in the wake of several killings by
militants in the south Kashmir district over the past month,
including a woman sarpanch candidate in Pakherpora and an
office bearer of the ruling National Conference in Andergam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians