Pulwama DM asks people to carry lanterns at night
Srinagar: District magistrate Pulwama issued a notice asking people
to carry lanterns at night in order to avoid any mishap, an
official spokesman said.
"Keeping in view the intense area domination undertaken by
the security forces, particularly army, the District
Magistrate, Pulwama has suggested the people to undertake
minimum essential movement at night," he said.
The order said on being challenged, the persons should not
run and instead facilitate identification.
"In order to obviate possibility of harm to innocent
persons, it is imperative that the populace be sensitised on
the issue," it said.
The order comes in the wake of several killings by
militants in the south Kashmir district over the past month,
including a woman sarpanch candidate in Pakherpora and an
office bearer of the ruling National Conference in Andergam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock